SCIENCE - Student employee in the administration of VOLT Research Center with a focus area on communication at Department of Biology, Terrestrial Ecology section
Department of Biology at Faculty of Science, the University of Copenhagen is looking for a student employee in the administration of VOLT Research Center with a focus area on communication with effect from 15 January 2024.
Center for Volatile Interactions (VOLT) is a Center of Excellence established in 2023 with funding from the Danish National Research Foundation. The center is based at Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen. VOLT research concerns climate change and ecosystem processes, and aims to characterize and quantify the production and consumption of volatiles by understudied organisms and environments, such as mosses, lichens, soils as well as fresh and marine waters.
VOLT endorses diversity, as is demonstrated by the gender-balanced and multinational team of PIs and collaborators. The inclusive, open, and collaborative research environment is built to allow different approaches and personalities to contribute to a unique, creative space for science, which will translate into innovation and high productivity.
A student employee position in the administration of VOLT Research Center with a focus area on communication is available to help with both the internal and external communications strategies of the Center, as well as other administrative tasks.
Your tasks will include:
- administrative and practical tasks in general when needed
- assisting in reporting
- assisting in practical arrangements (meetings, events)
- writing news stories for the VOLT website
- maintaining and updating the website in general
- Interacting with researchers to obtain information about their research
- making and/or editing and posting content for social media
- helping with editing the monthly newsletter
- depending on skills or interest, also potentially helping with podcast editing
We expect that
- You are enrolled as a student at a higher education institution and will be for at least 12 months more after starting this position
- Have some experience in social media and writing
- Have an interest in communications, journalism or similar
- You are fluent in both English and Danish
- You feel comfortable with talking to researchers to get information about their projects, as well as working independently
VOLT offers a diverse, creative and supportive working environment.
You will be working directly with Ana Verissimo, the Center administrator.
Terms of salary and employment
The employment is made in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Taxation and the Organisations of Public Employees – governmental institutions (the OAO-S collective agreement) and the Professional Agreement for clerical employees, laboratory technicians and IT-officers in the state.
You will be employed as a student. The working time is 15 hours per week on average.
If you find the job interesting, please send an electronic application with attachment via Jobportalen (click on the link "Apply Now" at the bottom of the post) no later than 5 December 2023.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter describing motivation, experience, and personal qualities
- Curriculum vitae
- Student documentation
Interviews are expected to take place in week 50 (the second week of December).
The University of Copenhagen seeks to reflect society and encourages applications irrespective of personal background.
Any questions about the position may be directed to Ana Verissimo email@example.com, 61139111.
The Faculty of Science at the University of Copenhagen – or SCIENCE – is Denmark's largest science research and education institution with 4,000 employees and 9,700 Bachelor and Master's students in 12 departments. The Faculty has an annual budget of DKK 3 billion.
Learn more about The Faculty of Science at www.science.ku.dk
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.