Staff Scientist for Bioinformatic Core Facility
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
We are looking for a highly motivated staff scientist to join the Bioinformatics Core at Biotech Research and Innovation Centre (BRIC). This position is a fulltime permanent position with starting date 1 April 2023. BRIC Bioinformatics Core Facility offers bioinformatics support to researchers at BRIC and the University.
The major expertise of the facility is the analysis of biological data from various high-throughput data sources such as sequencing experiments. The facility also offers bioinformatics consultancy and training programs for data handling and analysis. He/she joins a multi-disciplinary research team composed of medical doctors, molecular biologists and computational scientists.
BRIC website: https://www.bric.ku.dk/
Bioinformatics core facility website: https://www.bric.ku.dk/core-facilities/bioinformatics/
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic staff scientist with the following competencies and experience:
Experience and skills
- You have a PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related field
- Knowledge in statistics, strong programming skills (python or perl, R and bash shell scripting) and experience working on linux computational servers. Pipeline development skills are a plus.
- Experience in handling multiple types of next generation sequencing data (desirably, at least, bulk and single cell RNA-seq and ChIP-seq). Experience with patient data, high-throughput cell-based screens data or proteomics data is a plus.
- Collaboration skills, team player, social skills, teaching skills and communication skills adapting to the diverse backgrounds at BRIC.
- Skills to adapt to different types of projects, to parallelize requests and to work independently.
- You have proven an ability to envision, plan and execute a research project
- Good English skills, written and spoken
- Some knowledge in cancers and molecular biology is desirable
Place of employment
The place of employment is at Biotech Research and Innovation Centre (BRIC), University of Copenhagen. We offer creative and stimulating working conditions in dynamic and international research environment. Our research facilities include modern laboratories and high-performance computing servers.
Terms of employment
The average weekly working hours are 37 hours per week.
Employment will be in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Ministry of Taxation and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) as Academic Employee. The monthly salary will be based on the number of years of work experience (seniority) with the possibility to negotiate a salary supplement based on prior experiences and qualifications. The employer will pay an additional 17.1 % to your pension fund.
For further information regarding the position, please contact Facility responsible Professor Cord Brakebusch tel: +45 35 32 56 19 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should in English include:
· Letter of application addressing the requirements (max. one page).
· Curriculum Vitae
· A certified/signed copy of certificate(s) of education
Please submit your application by clicking on “Apply Now” below. Only online applications will be accepted.
Application deadline: 19 February 2023
We reserve the right not to consider material received after the deadline.
Interviews are expected to be held in week 8-9.
The University of Copenhagen wish to reflect the diversity of society and encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of personal background.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.