Bioinformatician for the Single-Cell Omics Platform
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
We are seeking a bioinformatician to strengthen our abilities to draw robust biological inferences from large-scale data generated in the Single-Cell Omics Platform to commence as soon as possible or after agreement. The role is an exciting opportunity for ambitious candidates with a computational background to establish themselves in the field of genomics services.
The successful candidate will work in the Single-Cell Omics Platform that provides the Center’s researchers with cutting-edge bulk and single-cell transcriptomics and epigenetics techniques, using the state-of-the-art equipment, data science and machine learning approaches.
As a bioinformatician in the Single-Cell Omics Platform, you will be responsible for processing, analysing, and interpreting single-cell transcriptomics data as well as developing and implementing new single-cell sequencing data workflows.
- To develop and maintain computational workflows to process and analyse single-cell sequencing data.
- To apply the computational single-cell tools on primary data from research groups across the Center.
Our researchers share a common purpose as they seek to transform the basic understanding of the mechanisms involved in metabolic health and disease, and to accelerate this knowledge towards new prevention and treatment strategies.
The Center has around 270 employees, consisting of 21 research groups and 5 technology platforms, who work in a vibrant international research environment with a focus on interdisciplinary collaboration.
The Center’s research has resulted in seminal discoveries as to how genes, hormones, and environmental factors influence metabolic health and disease throughout life. You may read more about us at www.cbmr.ku.dk.
About the Platform
The Single-Cell Omics Platform is an integral part of the Center and is embedded tightly into the Danish single-cell community. The team has a solid expertise in working with single-cell data, and currently comprises laboratory technicians, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and a platform manager.
You will work directly with many research groups daily and contribute to their research, which is often published in high impact scientific journals. See the latest publications, and learn more about the platform, here: https://cbmr.ku.dk/research-facilities/single-cell-omics/.
- A science degree in data science, applied math, applied statistics, bioinformatics, computer science, systems biology, biotechnology, or the like.
- Solid programming skills in the scripting languages Python or R.
- Experience with workflow management using environments like Targets or Snakemake.
- Solid experience working with single-cell transcriptomics software such as Seurat or Scanpy.
- Experience with computational tools for preprocessing of single-cell sequencing data.
- Experience in using the Unix/Linux operating system.
- Motivated and hardworking personality with good social skills.
- Motivated to instruct researchers with less advanced programming skills in using the Platform’s computational workflows.
- Fluent in written and spoken English is an absolute requirement.
You may have
Experience in analysing single-cell epigenetics data.
- Experience in analysing spatial transcriptomics data.
- Experience working with data visualization.
- Experience in working with machine learning techniques.
Creative and stimulating working conditions in dynamic and international research environment.
- Highly motivated colleagues and the possibility to contribute to and co-author cutting-edge scientific publications.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- A centrally located workplace.
Place of employment
The place of employment is the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
Terms of salary and employment
The employment as a bioinformatician is a permanent position starting as soon as possible.
Employment will be as Academic Research Officer or Research Consultant in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations), with the possibility to negotiate a salary supplement based on prior experiences and qualifications.
For further questions about the job description and qualifications, please contact Platform Manager Mie Mechta at email@example.com. For questions regarding the recruitment procedure, please contact SUND HR CBMR at SUND-HR-CBMR@sund.ku.dk.
Your application, in English, should include:
- A letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of relevant certificates of education
Please submit your application by clicking on “Apply now” below. Only online applications will be accepted.
Application deadline: April 4, 2023, at 23:59 CET.
We reserve the right not to consider material received after the deadline, and not to consider application that to not live up to the abovementioned requirements.
The University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.