Laboratory assistant at Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences at Faculty of Science, the University of Copenhagen is looking for a laboratory assistant to work on the ReTraQue project with effect from 15 July or as soon as possible thereafter.
The Faculty of Science is the country's largest science and technology research and education institution with4,400 employees and 9,000 bachelor and master's students in 12 departments. The Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences has approx. 550 employees within research and teaching focusing on plants, microorganisms, animals and the environment as a basis for sustainable production of food and other biological products.
ReTraQue (Resistance-Traits-Quality) is the name of a 5-year breeding project, which relies on new plant breeding techonologies (NBT) using CRISPR/Cas technology. You can read more about the project here.
The tasks are in the field of molecular plant biology and include, for example, the preparation of buffers and media, seed harvesting and cleaning, preparation of soil pots, and routine PCRs.
For this, we are looking for a highly motivated student who can work 8 hours per week. The duration of the employment will be 1 year, starting as soon as possible.
- That you are a student of biology or biotechnology preferably at the masters level.
- You can demonstrate hands on experience with routine lab tasks such as media preparation for plant tissue culture.
- You will be guided through the tasks expected. However, it is expected that the right candidate is able to work independently, document clearly the tasks performed and execute tasks in a time efficient manner.
- You love working with plants, are energetic and motivated and are an eager learner.
- An exciting and challenging job with a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
- An innovative team of colleagues committed to a collaborative and social environment.
- An international and flexible workplace.
- A chance to expand your skillset and knowledge in the area of plant molecular biology and the techniques used to study lesser known crop species.
Terms of salary and employment
The employment is made in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Taxation and the Organisations of Public Employees – governmental institutions (the OAO-S collective agreement) and the Professional Agreement for clerical employees, laboratory technicians and IT-officers in the state.
You will be employed as a laboratory technician at salary grade 1, level 1. The working time is 8 hours per week on average.
If you find the job interesting, please send an electronic application with attachment via Jobportalen (click on the link "Apply Now" at the bottom of the post) no later than Monday 27 June 2022, 23:59 GMT+1.
Interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline.
The University of Copenhagen seeks to reflect society and encourages applications irrespective of personal background.
Any questions about the position may be directed to postdoc Konrad Weber firstname.lastname@example.org / +4535333070.
The Faculty of Science at the University of Copenhagen – or SCIENCE – is Denmark's largest science research and education institution with 4,000 employees and 9,700 Bachelor and Master's students in 12 departments. The Faculty has an annual budget of DKK 3 billion.
Learn more about The Faculty of Science at www.science.ku.dk
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.