Laboratory Technician to Protein Production and Characterization Platform
The Protein Production and Characterization Platform at Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research is seeking a collaborative and motivated Laboratory Technician.
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR) (www.cpr.ku.dk) comprises a wide range of expertise and skills within its research programs spanning disease systems biology, proteomics, high throughput protein production and characterization, chemical biology, disease biology, and protein therapeutics. The center contributes to the progress of translational research within medicine and provides fundamental insights that can be used to promote drug discovery and development.
The Protein Production and Characterization platform is part of the protein Structure and Function program and is responsible for the production recombinant proteins in prokaryotic and eukaryotic hosts, generating protein samples needed for internal CPR projects and for selected strategic partners and collaborators.
The platform is seeking one laboratory technician to the Protein Expression Team.
- To perform laboratory work within the areas of cloning, transformation and culturing of bacterial cells (E. Coli), mammalian cell culture, recombinant expression, and protein purification and characterization of medically relevant proteins.
- Techniques used will include ligation independent and other cloning methods, bacterial (E. Coli) and cell culture maintenance (HEK293-E suspension cells) and expression of recombinant proteins in both Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic systems.
- To evaluate and report experimental results and ensuring that research data and protocols are entered into the Database and Electronic Lab Notebook systems established at CPR.
- To maintain stocks, reagents, media and laboratory equipment.
- To share responsibility within the team in terms of defining objectives and meet pre-set deadlines.
- To participate in the general operation and maintenance of the laboratory facilities.
- To carry out any other relevant duties as may reasonably be associated with the position, and which may be required from time to time.
Experience and Skills
- Proven experience in molecular biology and cell culture laboratory work.
- Experience in recombinant protein expression using both bacterial and mammalian cell systems.
- Experience in protein purification and characterization.
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel).
- Good communication skills, both oral and written. Considering that the Center is a highly international research environment, good knowledge of English is required.
- Integrity, enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility, confidence, and good collaboration skills.
- Experience with research database systems would be considered merits.
Laboratory technician degree or academic degree is required. Solid and documented work experience from high quality academic and/or industrial laboratories is required. The ability to efficiently work as part of a team is essential.
The tasks in the job may be adjusted according to experience and educational background.
The position is permanent and estimated start date is 1 September 2022.
Working hours are 37 hours per week.
For laboratory technicians, employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and OAO/HK STAT. The position is placed in salary group 5.
For academic employees, the employment will be in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). The monthly salary will be based on the number of years of work experience (seniority).
For both employment categories, a salary supplement based on prior experiences and qualifications may be negotiated.
Pension will be paid by the employer according to the terms stated in the respective collective agreements.
Please submit your application in English with the required attachments by clicking on "Apply online" below. Only online applications will be accepted.
Deadline for applications is 29 May 2022.
For further information about the position please contact team leader Giuseppe Cazzamali by e-mail: Giuseppe.email@example.com
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.