Laboratory Assistant to the Protein Structure and Function Program at Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research
The Protein Structure and Function program is looking for a part-time laboratory assistant to support our researchers and students.
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR) (www.cpr.ku.dk) comprises a wide range of expertise and skills within its research programs spanning disease systems biology, proteomics, high throughput protein production and characterization, chemical biology, disease biology, and protein therapeutics. The center contributes to the progress of translational research within medicine and provides fundamental insights that can be used to promote drug discovery and development.
The Protein Structure and Function Program consist of three research groups, and the Protein Production and Characterization platform.
You will work in a small team with our laboratory coordinator and two laboratory assistants. Main tasks include:
- Handling and disposal of laboratory waste
- Registering, labelling and refilling of material and consumables
- Preparing buffers, solutions, agar plates and aliquots of antibiotics
- Cleaning of common areas and laboratory equipment
- Pick up and deposit of glassware and other material
- Other simple tasks as required
We are looking for laboratory assistants with the following qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of chemistry
- Experience with laboratory environment
- Good communication skills, both oral and written English (working language at CPR is English)
- Service minded and flexible
- Detail oriented
Working hours are 12 hours per week, the distribution of hours is flexible and are planned together with your co-workers to fit your schedule.
Expected starting date is 1 September 2021.
For questions contact Regitse Bergen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must be submitted via https://employment.ku.dk/staff/ by clicking “Apply online”. Only online applications will be accepted and must include:
- motivated application in English
- curriculum vitae
Deadline for applications is 29 May 2022.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.