Academic officer, Executive Assistant (AC-Fuldmægtig ) to the NNF Center for Stem Cell Medicine, reNEW
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Medicine, reNEW, based at Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen is looking for an Executive Assistant starting as soon as possible or upon agreement.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Medicine, reNEW has its Hub at UCPH as well as nodes at UCPH, MCRI and LUMC. Researchers within reNEW addresses fundamental questions in stem cell and developmental biology and will pivot research findings to clinical outcomes and products for patients with incurable disorders such as congenital kidney disorders, type 1 diabetes, heart defects, Parkinsons’ disease.
The HUB of reNEW is looking for an Academic Officer, Executive Assistant (EA) for our committed and active CEO and Scientific Program Mananger.
You will be part of the HUB secretariat with other colleagues and also be placed among the reNEW Node staff.
Together with the rest of the HUB, you provide flexible and highly qualified administrative support to both the CEO and Scientific Program Manager of the consortium in reNEW (Copenhagen, Melbourne and Leiden) and act as a central liaison to the node and faculty's stakeholders and partners, both internally and externally.
- Provision of administrative support to the CEO and Scientific Program Manager, including diary management, travel management, external stakeholder management and liaison with the Faculty.
- Oversee all travel arrangements, including booking, reimbursement and logistics management
- Support for scientific and administrative management activities, including drafting and editing
- Oversee approval processes under instruction
- Supporting the processes of collecting data for and managing research applications, reports and presentations
- Participate in data analytical tasks
- Schedule meetings, draqft and circulate agenda, take and circulate minutes and perform other administrative tasks
- Time manage, prioritise, filter and field questions from both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure CEO and SPM are across all other Hub and Node activities via direct liaison with other colleagues within the reNEW HUB.
- Ad hoc tasks
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Has a relevant academic education
- Is fluent in English and masters Danish in speech and writing
- Preferably has documented experience with the provision of management services to senior managers in a larger company, university or the like
- Is proactive, responsive, detail-oriented and thrives in a busy environment
- Is service-oriented without losing the overview and has a good understanding of people
- Can pivot rapidly depending upon shifts in priorities
- Possesses competent IT skills, including Word and Excel
- Thrives on working independently as well as solving tasks together with the other HUB staff
- Can be for flexible about working hours when needed
An attractive, developing and versatile job with great independence and variety in the tasks where you have direct contact with the top management of a large international organization within an international environment. Committed colleagues who emphasize team play and professionalism and who have an informal, open and welcoming tone. A centrally located workplace with, among other things, free parking, fitness club, fruit scheme and holiday homes.
You will report to the CEO and will work from the HUB Secretariat. Here the Scientific Program Manager, the Head of Communications and the Chief Financial Officer will be your colleagues.
The HUB secretariat is anchored with the reNEW Node in Copenhagen, UCPH, Panum.
The HUB secretariat serves the consortium in Copenhagen, Melbourne and Leiden and has a secretarial function for several councils and committees, including the HUB management team, the Local Collaboration Committee, Scientific Leadership Committee etc.
Salary and terms of employment
Salary and employment depend on your background under the Organization Agreement AC (fuldmægtig level) and the Ministry of Finance with the possibility of negotiating supplements depending on seniority, qualifications and competencies. Working hours are 37 hours per week incl. lunch. Accession as soon as possible.
You can get more information about the position by contacting the CEO Melissa Little: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read more about reNEW at http://renew.ku.dk
We look forward to receiving your application with CV and documentation for education via the job site https://employment.ku.dk/staff/
Application deadline: 31 May 2022
We want to reflect the surrounding community and therefore encourage everyone, regardless of personal background, to apply for the position.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.