Academic employee (part-time) in the Deshmukh Group
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research
University of Copenhagen
We are looking for a highly motivated and Academic employee to join the Deshmukh Group. The expected start date is November 18, 2020 or after agreement.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research (CBMR) is a vibrant international research environment with a focus on interdisciplinary collaboration. Our researchers share a common purpose as they seek to transform the basic understanding of the mechanisms involved in metabolic health and disease, and to accelerate this knowledge toward new prevention and treatment strategies. The Center’s research has resulted in seminal discoveries as to how genes, hormones, and environmental factors influence metabolic health and disease throughout life. You can read more about us here: www.cbmr.ku.dk
The candidate will be part of the Functional Proteomics in Metabolism group headed by Associate Professor Atul Deshmukh and work in close collaboration with the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research at University of Copenhagen. The successful candidate will work to integrate proteomics and functional physiology, to answer basic and applied research questions related to physical exercise, diet and metabolism. He or she will be embedded within CBMR and work in a scientific environment that bridges several disciplines of proteomics and metabolic diseases.
We are looking for a highly motivated academic employee who is passionate about science and capable of rapidly integrating our team to support us with optimizing and benchmarking several protocols for proteomics analysis.
Your tasks include
- Assisting samples preparation for proteomics analysis and packing HPLC columns.
- Assisting samples preparation protocol for mitochondrial isolation in different cell and tissue models and separating protein complexes on a Blue Native Gel.
- Preparing buffers and reagents/enzymes stocks for sample preparation for secretomics and proteomics.
- Analyzing of data and report writing.
- Taking care of laboratory stocks and orders.
- Taking care of the laboratory glassware cleaning and sorting and disposing the chemical residues.
Desirable qualification and experience
- Bachelor degree in Biomedical Sciences.
- Experience working in the file of Mass spectrometry-based proteomics
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Positive, pro-active, and open-minded
- Solution-oriented, and capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Place of employment
The place of employment is the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen. We offer creative and stimulating working conditions in dynamic and international research environment.
Terms of salary and employment
The employment as staff scientist is a position of 12 hours per week for 1 year. Expected starting date is November 18, 2020 or after agreement. The salary is based on seniority with the possibility to negotiate a salary supplement. To this is added a monthly contribution to a pension fund equal to 17.1% of your salary according to the collective agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
For further information regarding the position, please contact Associate Professor Atul Deshmukh at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the recruitment procedure, please contact SUND HR CBMR at SUND-HR-CBMR@sund.ku.dk.
Your application, in English, should include:
- Motivation letter (max one page)
- Curriculum vitae incl. possible publications
- Copies of relevant certificate(s) of education
Please submit your application by clicking on “Apply Now” below. Only online applications will be accepted.
Application deadline: 29 September 2020 at 23:59 CET.
We reserve the right not to consider material received after the deadline, and not to consider applications that do not live up to the abovementioned requirements.
The University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.