Research support coordinator and grant writer for the Pharmaceutical Science Area
The European University Consortium for Pharmaceutical Sciences (ULLA)
Department of Pharmacy
Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen
The European university consortium for pharmaceutical sciences (ULLA), the Department of Pharmacy, and Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic research support coordinator and grant writer with knowledge and experience from academia and from Danish and international funding. Starting date is 1 November 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
ULLA is a European Consortium which has been in existence for more than 20 years and includes nine leading Pharmaceutical Sciences departments at European universities. It mainly provides (postgraduate) training in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences and constitutes a foundation for international research collaborations. It now has the intention to obtain substantial EU project funding.
The mission of the Pharmaceutical Science Departments at University of Copenhagen are to advance the pharmaceutical sciences by performing drug-related research and research-based teaching in topics including medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, pharmaceutical technology and formulation, drug delivery, advanced drug analysis, and clinical and social pharmacy.
The two departments have approximately 450 employees who work in an international research environment.
The position is a shared position as a research support coordinator and grant writer for the Pharmaceutical Science Departments and ULLA. The place of employment is the University of Copenhagen.
We expect you to have the following background and competencies:
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences or another relevant domain
- At least 2 years of postdoctoral experience including writing of grant applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in research and project management
- Experiences in coordinating and writing applications for Danish, European or other international foundations are a plus
- Experiences with administering Danish, European and other international research grants are a plus
- Strong analytical and critical approach in assessing a research question on its strengths and weaknesses
- Experienced in time and task management
- Good communication skills to develop and maintain a broad network of internal and external contacts
As a research support coordinator and grant writer for the Pharmaceutical Science Departments and ULLA you will have a vital role in supporting researchers in developing and expanding the portfolio of externally funded research projects and supporting the research strategic development.
Responsibilities as a research support coordinator and ULLA grant writer include:
- You strengthen the applications for external funding at the departments and support networking activities
- You support researchers to successful applications for external funding including matching of researchers to relevant calls, preparing funding strategies and contributing to the optimisation of application and CV
- You offer colleague-peer review to applications and are sparring partner as to large grant interviews
- You link the researchers of departments to the different units of the Faculty
- You are part of the general research and management support at the departments in collaboration with the department administration
- You inform, encourage and assist researchers in preparing research proposals in the framework of European and international programs, in particular the European Framework Programmes (Horizon 2020, IMI-2, etc.) and coordinate scientific and administrative aspects of specific grant applications
- You are involved in the overall monitoring of the ongoing projects
- You gather information and propose funding opportunities via International Funds to the ULLA partners
- You stimulate the ULLA partners and their researchers to participate in international research programs by appropriate internal communication through meetings, personal contacts, teleconferences, etc
- You personally coordinate/submit EU applications for the ULLA network
- Twice a year, an ULLA Executive Committee meeting is held, where you will give updates on new funding possibilities as well as ongoing grant applications and grants
- You guide ULLA researchers in preparing research proposals (front office) and give advice regarding project layout both substantive and administrative, on technical and financial parts
- You also act as a 'liaison' with the financier involved
- You are expected to work closely with the central research support offices and to network with other services within the University
- You monitor the ULLA participation in these international programs and provide a general qualitative follow-up of ongoing projects
Place of employment
The place of employment is at the Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen.
We offer creative and stimulating working conditions in an international research environment.
Terms of employment
The employment as Research Consultant (forskningskonsulent) (AC-TAP-FU) is full time and for a duration of two years. Starting date is 1 November 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Employment will be in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). The monthly salary will be based on the number of years of work experience (seniority) with the possibility to negotiate a salary supplement based on prior experiences and qualifications.
For further information regarding the position, please contact PhD coordinator Marianne W. Jørgensen, +45 3533 6449 or Marianne.email@example.com. For questions regarding the recruitment procedure, please contact the HR center at SUND-HR-ILF@sund.ku.dk.
Your application in English should include:
- Letter of application addressing the requirements (max. one page).
- Curriculum Vitae
- A certified/signed copy of certificate(s) of education
Please submit your application by clicking on “Apply”. Only online applications will be accepted.
Application deadline 30 August 2020, 23.59 CET
We reserve the right not to consider material received after the deadline, and not to consider applications that do not live up to the abovementioned requirements.
University of Copenhagen wish to reflect the diversity of society and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.