211-0147/22-2N Tenure-track assistant Professor of Experimental Electrocatalysis
Tenure-track assistant Professor of Experimental Electrocatalysis
Department of Chemistry
Faculty of Science
University of Copenhagen
There is an opening in Experimental Electrocatalysis. The successful candidate will have in-depth experience in electrochemical characterization and testing of extended surface and/or nanoparticle catalysts. Besides developing an independent research profile, the candidate is expected to be part of the team of scientists in the Center for High Entropy Alloy Catalysis (CHEAC). CHEAC is a Center of Excellence in which we combine theory, electrocatalysis, characterization, and synthesis to investigate and understand HEA catalysis. In the application, there should be a plan of how the candidate envisions the collaboration within CHEAC in general and with the individual CHEAC PIs in particular. More information about CHEAC: www.cheac.ku.dk
The tenure track assistant professor’s duties will primarily include research, including obligations with regard to publication/scientific communication and research-based teaching with associated examination obligations. To a limited extent the position may also include other duties.
The tenure track assistant professor must have an academic standing showing internationally competitive research, and/or have internationally recognized high potential to make a future impact.
Assessment of applicants will primarily consider their level of documented, internationally competitive research. The ability to attract external funding will be considered together with outreach qualifications. Teaching qualifications are not mandatory but documented teaching qualifications and teaching experience will be considered.
Six overall criteria apply for assistant professor appointments at the University of Copenhagen. The six criteria (research, teaching, societal impact, organisational contribution, external funding and leadership) are considered a framework for the overall assessment of candidates. Furthermore, each candidate must be assessed according to the specific requirements stated in the job advertisement. Please read more at https://jobportal.ku.dk/videnskabelige-stillinger/kriterier-for-videnskabelige-stillinger/dokumenter-til-meritering/5a_Criteria_for_recognising_merit_-Assistant_professors.pdf.
The position is open from 1 June 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Further information on the Department is linked at https://www.science.ku.dk/english/about-the-faculty/organisation/. Inquiries about the position can be made to Head of Department Pernille Harris (email@example.com).
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Taxation and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The tenure-track programme
An assigned mentor will provide the tenure-track assistant professors with guidance related to career development, other academic topics and administrative procedures.
Performance of the tenure-track assistant professor will be followed via internal yearly evaluations and a mid-term and final international evaluation by an assessment committee. If the ‘final appraisal’ is positive you will be promoted as associate professor. Performance and progression towards the criteria below will be evaluated with due consideration of differences between research fields.
Criteria for promotion
After a 6-year tenure-track period tenure-track assistant professors are expected to meet the following criteria:
- A strong publication track record within the specific field of research, including a significant number of corresponding authorships and at least some publications in high-ranked journals based on work carried out during the tenure-track period
- Strong external network of collaboration, including joint publications
- A significant track record of successful external research funding
- Establishment of a strong and internationally competitive research group demonstrating clear independence of former supervisors/mentors, or/and major contributions to the development of an existing research group demonstrating an ability to collaborate within the research group
- Completed https://www.ind.ku.dk/english/course_overview/up/ and established a teaching portfolio via participation in teaching, including preparation and development of departmental courses
- Successful supervision/co-supervision of MSc and PhD students
The application including all attachments must be in English and submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Curriculum vitae including:
- Please describe and document international network and relations
- Please describe and document internationally based activities
- Positions held at universities/research institutions outside Denmark
- Outreach activities, i.e. popular lectures or other activities in the media
- Grants held, personal or in part. Career development grants.
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan - description of current and future research plans
- If available, description and documentation of teaching and supervision experience and qualifications- please describe and document:
- Experience with supervision of BSc and MSc students
- Teaching experience
- Formal pedagogical training
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of up to 5 particularly relevant papers
The deadline for applications is 11 December 2022, 23:59 GMT +1.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
You can read about the recruitment process at https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
Interviews/trial lectures will be held on 14 April 2023.
Please refer to the following no. in future communication in this case: 211-0147/22-2N.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.