157523 Clinical Professor of Haematology wsfo. Clinical Lymphoma Research (fixed-term, 5 years)
Clinical Professor of Haematology or Clinical Oncology with special focus on Clinical Lymphoma Research (Fixed-Term, 5 Years)
Department of Clinical Medicine
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint a clinical professor of Haematology or Clinical Oncology with special focus on Clinical Lymphoma Research (fixed term 5 years) to commence as soon as possible. The externally funded professorship is combined with a consultancy at Copenhagen University Hospital - Rigshospitalet, Department of Haematology in the Capital Region.
It is a requirement for appointment that the applicant is accepted for both the professorship and the consultancy. In order to be considered for the position, the applicant must send two applications: one to the Faculty (the professorship) and one to the hospital (the consultancy) cf. the simultaneously advertised position of the consultancy. This also applies to applicants who are already employed as consultants at the Hospital. The advertisement for the consultancy is available at: https://www.sundhedsjobs.dk/jobopslag/443272
Both the professorship and the consultancy will be financed by Copenhagen University Hospital - Rigshospitalet.
Find information on the department at: http://ikm.ku.dk.
In the consideration of applications for the professorship, the main emphasis will be on the applicant's ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an international level within the area of Haematology.
The professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Cross-disciplinary research between the fields of Haematology and Clinical Oncology, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching within the Clinical Course in Elementary Medicine and Surgery, including associated examination and teaching at the Theme courses covering subjects related to heamatologi/oncology.
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of PhD students and other researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
Six overall criteria apply for professor appointments at the University of Copenhagen. The six criteria (research, teaching, societal impact, organisational contribution, external funding and leadership) are considered a framework for the overall assessment of candidates. Find information about each criterion here: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/criteria-for-recognising-merit.
Furthermore, each applicant must be able to:
- Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- Manage research and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- Provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
The position is a fixed-term position limited to a period of 5 years.
For the professorship the appointee will receive a pensionable annual salary of 196.430,88 DKK (1 October 2022 level).
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2020.
For further information please contact Head of Department Jesper Hastrup Svendsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.sund.ku.dk.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: http://www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivations for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including information about external funding
- Diplomas (Master’s and PhD and other relevant certificates)
- Uploads of maximum 10 publications to be considered in the assessment
- Self-declaration form (Ansættelser – Københavns Universitet (ku.dk) under ”Nyttige links”)
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio / Template for inspiration: Ansættelser – Københavns Universitet (ku.dk) under ”Nyttige links”
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Teaching plan
- A complete list of publications
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, 12 February 2023.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.