Postdoc in machine learning or quantum machine learning for health data science
Department of Computer Science
Faculty of Science
University of Copenhagen
Two postdoc positions (2 years each) are available in the group of Professor Anders Krogh (https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=-vGMjmwAAAAJ). The group focusses on development of deep generative models, quantum machine learning, and applications to medical data. We are seeking people to do research on one or more of these topics:
- Quantum machine learning for biological applications. We are seeking people that can develop quantum algorithms for generative neural networks together with our theoretical and experimental collaborators in math and physics.
- Development of deep generative neural networks. We are seeking people with a good theoretical background, who can also work on implementations and applications.
- Applications of generative models to medical data such as gene expression data and clinical data. Part of this work is in the EU project GenomeMed4ALL.
We seek highly motivated people that can contribute to the theoretical and applied work in the group. The group is part of “Center for Basic Machine Learning Research in Life Science” (mlls.dk) as well as the Center “Quantum for Life” (quantumforlife.ku.dk), and it is expected that you work with other people in the centers. The postdocs may also have teaching and other duties.
You are expected to
- Have a PhD in computer science, physics, mathematics, bioinformatics or a similar field
- Have a strong background in machine learning and/or quantum computing
- Have at least three publications in high-quality international refereed journals or conferences
- Have programming experience (Python)
- Have a good understanding of math and statistics
- Be fluent in English
- Be responsible, independent, and self-motivated
Further information on the Department is linked at https://www.science.ku.dk/english/about-the-faculty/organisation/. Inquiries about the positions can be made to Anders Krogh, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open from 1st December 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Taxation and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas (Bachelor, Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan – description of current and future research plans
- Complete publication list
- Cover letter detailing why you apply for this job
- Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
The deadline for applications is 3 October 2022, 23:59 GMT +2.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
You can read about the recruitment process at https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.