159045 Clinical Professor of Gastroenterologi and Hepatology, Infectious Diseases or Clinical Microbiology wsfo. microbiome-based clinical intervention studies (Fixed-Term, 5 Years)
Clinical Professor of Gastroenterologi and Hepatology, Infectious Diseases or Clinical Microbiology with special focus on microbiome-based clinical intervention studies (Fixed-Term, 5 Years)
Department of Clinical Medicine
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint a clinical professor Gastroenterologi and Hepatology, Infectious Diseases or Clinical Microbiology with special focus on microbiome-based clinical intervention studies to commence as soon as possible. The professorship is combined with a consultancy at one of the departments below at Amager-Hvidovre Hospital in the Capital Region. Please note that applicants may only apply for a consultancy at one of the departments.
- the Department of Infectious Diseases
- the Gastrounit, Medical Section
- the Department of Clinical Microbiology
It is a requirement for appointment that the applicant is accepted for both the professorship and the consultancy. In order to be considered for the position, the applicant must send an application to both the faculty (the professorship) and to one of the departments at the hospital(the consultancies), cf. the simultaneously advertised consultancy positions. This also applies to applicants who are already employed as consultants at the hospital. The advertisements for the consultancies are available at:
- the Department of Infectious Diseases: https://www.sundhedsjobs.dk/jobopslag/449600
- the Gastrounit, Medical Section: https://www.sundhedsjobs.dk/jobopslag/449616
- the Department of Clinical Microbiology:https://www.sundhedsjobs.dk/jobopslag/449657
The professorship and the consultancy will be financed by Amager-Hvidovre Hospital.
Find information on the department at: http://ikm.ku.dk.
The purpose of establishing the professorship is to strengthen Denmark's profile within microbiome-based treatment and research. Focus must be shifted from human association studies to human intervention studies. This could lead to the development of safe, precise, and personal microbiome treatment with an effect on a wide range of diseases within a foreseeable number of years. The ambition is to expand Denmark's position within clinical microbiome research, diagnostics, and treatment.
In the consideration of applications for the professorship, the main emphasis will be on the applicant's ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an international level within the area of either Gastroenterologi and Hepatology, Infectious Diseases or Clinical Microbiology.
The professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including examination at the course in Internal Medicine and Surgery at the 6th semester on the Bachelor part of the Medicine Studies
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of bachelor and master students as well as PhD students
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
Six overall criteria apply for professor appointments at the University of Copenhagen. The six criteria (research, teaching, societal impact, organisational contribution, external funding and leadership) are considered a framework for the overall assessment of candidates. Find information about each criterion here: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/criteria-for-recognising-merit.
Furthermore, each applicant must be able to:
- Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- Manage research and other management functions, e.g., engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- Provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
The position is a fixed-term position limited to a period of five years.
For the professorship the appointee will receive a pensionable annual salary of 199,527 DKK (1 April 2023 level).
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2020.
For further information please contact Head of Department Jesper Hastrup Svendsen, email@example.com, http://www.sund.ku.dk.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: http://www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivations for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including information about external funding
- Diplomas (Master’s and PhD and other relevant certificates)
- Uploads of maximum 10 publications to be considered in the assessment
- Self-declaration form (Ansættelser – Københavns Universitet (ku.dk) under ”Nyttige links”)
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio / Template for inspiration: Ansættelser – Københavns Universitet (ku.dk) under ”Nyttige links”
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Teaching plan
- A complete list of publications
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Tuesday, 27 June 2023.
Interviews for this position are likely to be held on friday 8 December 2023.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.