Department of Clinical
Faculty of Health and
University of Copenhagen
University seeks to appoint a clinical professor of Rheumatology with special
focus on Ultrasonography in Inflammatory Rheumatological Conditions to commence
as soon as possible. The externally funded professorship is combined with a
consultancy at Rigshospitalet, Glostrup, Center for Rheumatology and Spine
Diseases in the Capital Region.
It is a
requirement for appointment that the applicant is accepted for both the
professorship and the consultancy. In
order to be considered the applicant must send two applications: one to the
Faculty (the professorship) and one to the hospital (the consultancy)
the simultaneously advertised position of the consultancy. This also applies to
applicants who are already employed as consultants at the Hospital. The advertisement
for the consultancy is available at https://www.sundhedsjobs.dk/jobopslag/364802
professorship and the consultancy is financed by Rigshospitalet.
In the consideration
of applications for the professorship, the main emphasis will be on the
applicant's ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an
international level within the area of Rheumatology
with special focus on Ultrasonography in Inflammatory Rheumatological
professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
applicant should be able to:
- Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- Manage research and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- Provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to
possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
professorship the appointee will receive a pensionable annual salary of DKK 187,364.13 (1 April 2019 level).
position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
must be submitted in English and must include the documents below:
- Application, including motivations for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- Diplomas (Master’s, PhD, and other relevant certificates)
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Uploads of maximum 10 publications to be considered in the assessment
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio/)
After the expiry of
the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects
applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified
whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then
appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the
selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of
the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment
on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You
can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/
that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the
Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested
applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the
application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be
accepted. The closing date for
applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Wednesday, 10 April 2019.
Interviews for this position are likely to be
held on Thursday, 19 December 2019.