LEO Foundation Skin
Immunology Research Center
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
University seeks to appoint an associate professor of cutaneous T-cell
immunology to the LEO Foundation Skin Immunology Research Center to commence as
soon as possible. The postion is a temporary for 4 years and a full time position.
appointee is expected to conduct research into the role of cellular stress and
stress response pathways in cutaneous T-cell immunology and the pathogenesis of
cutaneous T-cell malignancies. In considering applications for the position,
the main emphasis will accordingly be on the applicant's ability to document
original scientific work on a high international level within the areas of cutaneous
T-cell immunology and T-cell malignancies of the skin such as cutaneous T-cell
Furthermore, it is a great advantage if the applicant has prior research
experience with cellular stress and stress response pathways as well as with
putative contributors to cellular stress in the skin including bacteria-host
interactions, genotoxic factors and cytokines.
professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
applicant should be able to document:
- Research qualifications achievable in a position as assistant professor or equivalent within the subject areas
- Teaching qualifications and pedagogical competencies
- Research-based teaching
- The applicant should have solid expertise working with stress-regulated signalling pathways central to the pathogenesis of cutaneous T-cell malignancies (e.g. Jak/Stat, MAPK and NF-kB pathways), flow cytometry, clinical samples, and primary T cells
The associate professor is also
required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
Salary and other
terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement
between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional
Associations) or other relevant professional organisations.
The position is covered by the Job Structure for
Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
information, please contact Executive Director Professor Niels Ødum, email@example.com
must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivations for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- Diplomas (Master’s, PhD, and other relevant certificates)
- A complete list of publications
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Uploads of maximum 5 publications to be considered in the assessment
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio)
After the expiry of
the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects
applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified
whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then
appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the
selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of
the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to
comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant
him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk
that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the
Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested
applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required
attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Thursday 28 February 2019.
Interviews for this position are likely to be held in mid/end May.