Health and Medical Sciences
University seeks to appoint an associate professor to the Department of
Pharmacy to commence as soon as possible.
The position will be embedded in the Protein
Analysis Group. The research conducted within the group focusses on in-depth and comprehensive analysis of proteins of
pharmaceutical interest. This includes quantitative analysis, the
characterization of protein and peptide primary structure and the higher-order
structure and interactions of proteins, in addition to development of new advanced
mass spectrometric methods and separation workflows for studying these. The overall aim is to provide detailed information on
the purity, quantity, quality, structure and interactions of proteins to guide
and improve drug development. The majority
of projects in the Protein Analysis Group focus on proteins that are current or
potential drugs or drug targets. Therefore, most projects are performed in
collaboration with external academic and industrial partners, including drug
development labs and pharmaceutical/biotech companies.
The associate professor’s responsibilities
will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/scientific communication
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination. Teaching will be in the core curriculum of the department, i.e. courses in basic and advanced pharmaceutical analytical chemistry, supervision of Bachelors and Masters Projects and participation in examination design and marking.
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Work with funding, i.e. writing of grant applications alone or together with group members, networking and active pitching of ideas in relevant fora.
- Academic assessments
The main emphasis will be on the applicant’s
ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an
international level within the area of protein analytical chemistry. Expertise
with LC-MS and CE-MS for qualitative analysis of proteins including primary
structure analysis and higher-order structure analysis by HDX-MS, will be of
particular relevance to the position. Furthermore, expertise with the
development and use of novel LC- and CE-MS methodologies for quantitative
analysis of proteins in pharmaceutically relevant matrices will be of
particular relevance to the position.
The successful applicant should be able to
- Research qualifications achievable in a position as assistant professor or equivalent within the subject area
- Teaching qualifications and pedagogical competencies within the subject area*
- Research-based teaching
- A PhD degree within pharmaceutical, natural or life sciences or qualifications equalling this
*If the applicant has no previous teaching
experience through employment as an assistant professor, or has not achieved
corresponding teaching experience, the appointment will be probationary for one and a half years.
Salary and other terms and conditions of
appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of
Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other
relevant professional organisations.
The position is covered by the Job Structure
for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
Foreign applicants may find the following
links useful: http://www.ism.ku.dk
(International Staff Mobility).
The application must
be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivations
for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae,
including a list of publications
- Diplomas (Master’s,
PhD, and other relevant certificates)
- A complete list of
- Research plan (3‐5
- Uploads of maximum 5
publications to be considered in the assessment
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines:
After the expiry of
the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects
applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified
whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then
appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the
selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of
the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to
comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant
him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk
Please note that the
applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will
be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the
Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of
Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the
application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be
accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Thursday 21 February 2019.