Health and Medical Sciences
University seeks to appoint an associate professor to the Department of
Pharmacy to commence as soon as possible.
The position will be embedded in the Toxicology
and Drug Metabolism Group. The research conducted within the group focusses on toxicology
and drug metabolism. The aims are to provide detailed understandings of the
mechanisms by which drugs and their metabolites exert toxic effects in order to
improve drug design and reduce side effects.
A range of in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo assays
are used to investigate effects of drugs and metabolites on biological systems.
Advanced analytical chemical methods, mainly chromatography in combination with
various detectors, are used to analyse small molecules, mainly drugs and
metabolites, in biological samples. Documented expertise in toxicological
assays and chromatographic molecular analysis is a requirement.
The associate professor’s responsibilities
will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/scientific communication
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination. Teaching will be in the core curriculum of the department, i.e. courses in basic and advanced drug formulation and production, supervision of Bachelors and Masters Projects and participation in examination design and marking.
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Work with funding, i.e. writing of grant applications alone and together with group members, networking and active pitching of ideas in relevant fora.
- Academic assessments
The main emphasis will be on the applicant’s
ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an
international level within the area of solid state pharmaceutics.
The successful applicant should be able to
- Research qualifications achievable in a position as assistant professor or equivalent within the subject area
- Teaching qualifications and pedagogical competencies with the subject area*
- Research-based teaching
- a PhD degree within pharmaceutical, natural or life sciences or qualifications equalling this
*If the applicant has no previous teaching
experience through employment as an assistant professor, or has not achieved
corresponding teaching experience, the appointment will be probationary for one and a half years.
Salary and other terms and conditions of
appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of
Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other
relevant professional organisations.
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities
Foreign applicants may find the following
links useful: https://www.ism.ku.dk
(International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English
and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivations for applying
for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of
- Diplomas (Master’s, PhD, and other relevant
- A complete list of publications
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Uploads of maximum 5 publications to be
considered in the assessment
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (Link to guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio)
After the expiry of the deadline for
applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for
assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified
whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then
appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the
selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of
the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to
comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant
him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk
Please note that the applicant will be
contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to
the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic
Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all
interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required
attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Thursday 21 February 2019.