153981 Associate Professor of Biostatistics
Department of Public Health
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint an associate professor to the Department of Public Health to commence as soon as possible. Information on the Department can be found at: https://sund.ku.dk/.
The Section of Biostatistics conducts general biostatistical research and methodological development in biostatistics, undertakes teaching of students at various educations, undergraduate as well as postgraduate, and offers biostatistical advice to staff and students in all disciplines of the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.
More nformation on the Section of Biostatistics can be found at: https://publichealth.ku.dk/about-the-department/biostat/
The Associate Professors must participate in the interdisciplinary and dynamic research environment at the Section of Biostatistics. Here the main duties will be to conduct biostatistical research at an international level, take actively part in the teaching at all levels at the Section and to supervise students at the master's and PhD level. In addition, the successful applicant is expected to independently and as a part of the section to work on attracting funding. Finally, it is expected that the Associate Professor participates in the various administrative tasks of the section.
The associate professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
Six overall criteria apply for associate professor appointments at the University of Copenhagen. The six criteria (research, teaching, societal impact, organisational contribution, external funding and leadership) are considered a framework for the overall assessment of candidates. Find information about each criteria here: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/criteria-for-recognising-merit.
Furthermore, each applicant must be able to document:
- Research qualifications at the level that can be achieved by satisfactorily completing a period of employment as an assistant professor/postdoc, but may also be obtained in other ways.
- A strong record of original scientific research in theory and applications of biostatistics at a high international level must be documented through publications, statistical software or other tangible activities. Also applicants must demonstrate the ability to do interdisciplinary research.
- Teaching qualifications and pedagogical competencies
- Research-based teaching
The associate professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
The position is permanent and the average weekly working hours are 37 hours per week.
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organisations.
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2020.
For further information, please contact Head of Section Esben Budtz-Jørgensen, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://sund.ku.dk/.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: https://www.ism.ku.dk/ (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivations for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including information about external funding
- Diplomas (Master’s, PhD, and other relevant certificates)
- A complete list of publications
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Uploads of maximum 5 publications to be considered in the assessment
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio)
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Sunday 20 June 2021.
Interviews for this position are likely to be held in week 38.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.