158779 Professor of One Health Antimicrobial Resistance
Professor of One Health Antimicrobial Resistance
Department of Veterinary and Animal Science
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint a professor to the Department of Veterinary and Animal Science to commence as soon as possible.
Information on the department can be found at: https://ivh.ku.dk/english/.
When considering applications for the professorship, the main emphasis will be on the applicant's ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an international level within the area of One Health Antimicrobial Resistance.
In particular, the professorship includes national and international activities aimed at reducing resistance, improving diagnostics, optimize antimicrobial therapy of bacterial infections and promote prudent use of antimicrobials in veterinary medicine using a One Health approach.
The professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
- Research-based public-sector consultancy
Six overall criteria apply for professor appointments at the University of Copenhagen. The six criteria (research, teaching, societal impact, organisational contribution, external funding and leadership) are considered a framework for the overall assessment of candidates. Find information about each criterion here: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/criteria-for-recognising-merit.
Furthermore, each applicant must be able to document:
- Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- Manage research and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- Provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
The position is a permanent position.
The average weekly working hours are 37 hours per week.
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Taxation and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organisations.
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2020.
For further information, please contact Head of Department, Birgit Nørrung, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: https://www.ism.ku.dk/ (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivation for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including information about external funding
- Diplomas (Master’s, PhD and other relevant certificates)
- A complete list of publications
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Uploads of maximum 10 publications to be considered in the assessment
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio)
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://employment.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, 30 April 2023.
Interviews for this position are likely to be held on 7 August 2023.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.