158586 Associate Professors of Family Medicine (Fixed-Term, 5 years)
Department of Public Health (Section of General Practice)
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint 4 associate professors to the Section of General Practice, Department of Public Health, for a period of 5 years to commence as soon as possible. Each position is full time employment, but it may be possible to reduce the employment to a 50% position.
The 4 positions focus on four different themes namely:
- Weight and health in general practice
- Common medical conditions and interventions in general practice
- Implementation research in general practice
- Complex interventions in general practice
Please indicate which position you are applying for.
Please find information about the department at https://ifsv.ku.dk/.
The associate professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
- Research-based public-sector consultancy may be required
When considering applications for the associate professorship, the main emphasis will be on the applicant's ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an international level within the areas of preventive examinations, common medical conditions, trials and implementation research in general practice.
Six overall criteria apply for appointments of associate professors at the University of Copenhagen. The six criteria (research, teaching, societal impact, organisational contribution, external funding and leadership) are considered a framework for the overall assessment of candidates. Find information about each criteria here: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/criteria-for-recognising-merit.
Furthermore, the applicant must be able to document:
- Research qualifications at the level that can be achieved by satisfactorily completing a period of employment as an assistant professor/postdoc, but may also be obtained in other ways
- Teaching qualifications and pedagogical competencies
- Research-based teaching
The associate professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organisations.
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2020.
For further information, please contact professor Theis Lange (Head of Department of Public Health) - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or professor Frans Waldorff (Head of Section of General Practice) - e-mail:email@example.com.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: https://www.ism.ku.dk/ (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivation for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including about external funding
- Diplomas (Master’s, PhD and other relevant certificates)
- A complete list of publications
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Uploads of maximum 5 publications to be considered in the assessment
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio)
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicants will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Monday 10 April 2023.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.