Job portal > Administrative and res...
Laboratory Coordinator, Department of Biology,
The Section for Cell and Neurobiology, Universitetsparken 15, 2100 Ø, has a vacancy for a full-time Laboratory Coordinator that should be filled 1 April 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The work concerns independent research using the following techniques:
- Modern molecular biology techniques, such as PCR and cloning
- qPCR using the SYBR Green method
- Immunostaining and ELISA
- Confocal microscopy
- Cell culture
- Heterologous expression of cell membrane proteins in cell lines
- Bioassays of these proteins using bioluminescence
- Drosophila genetics
In addition, the Laboratory Coordinator will contribute to the supervision of bachelor and master research students in the laboratory, supervise student practicals, and be responsible for laboratory management.
The successful candidate should have a bachelor, M.Sc., or Ph.D. degree within biological sciences.
We expect that the applicant has the following qualifications:
- Experience with independent scientific research
- Production of high-quality results
- Training and practical experience within cell and molecular biology and, if possible, Drosophila genetics
- Experience with supervising students
- Strong organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English, because we are an international research group, where most of our daily communication is in English
Salary and terms of employment
Terms of employment and payment are in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC). The salary is based on seniority and is currently between DKK 21,061.00 and DKK 29,829.75 plus pension contribution and the possibility to negotiate further supplement after qulifications.
The University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For further information about the position please contact professor Cornelis Grimmelikhuijzen, e-mail: email@example.com.
Application for the position
Please send your application, including CV, documentation of your training, a list of practical expertise, and the names and telephone numbers of two references through the job portal of the University of Copenhagen at Jobportal press “Apply now” to fill in the application form.
The closing date for applications is 26. February 2017 at 11:59 PM CET. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.