Job portal > All vacancies
895717 Associate Professor of Large Animal Internal Medicine
The University seeks to appoint an associate professor to the Department of Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences to commence as soon as possible.
The Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences is subdivided into five scientific sections, and the Associate Professor will be employed in the Section of Medicine and Surgery. The veterinary program provides research-based education, and our two University Animal Hospitals offers first-class facilities for research, clinical teaching, and service. The Section's main activities are applied clinical research within the fields of large animal diseases and welfare, as well as clinical and didactic teaching. The section also encompasses a mobile practice and a clinical diagnostic laboratory, which provides service to the hospital, teaching and research activities. Information about the Department can be found at http://ikv.ku.dk/
This is a full-time academic position involving the majority of time spent in clinical research and didactic and clinical teaching. To a limited extent the position may also include other duties e.g. after hours duty, where all the department's patients (horses, small and large ruminants, and pigs) are serviced.
The associate professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination.
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
The successful applicant should be able to document:
- Research qualifications achievable in a position as assistant professor or equivalent within the subject area
- Teaching qualifications and pedagogical competencies
- Research-based teaching
- a DVM with Danish authorisation or eligibility
- a PhD degree in large animal internal medicine or similar qualifications
- experience in clinical teaching and research expertise within large animal diseases
- initiative, a strong motivation, and excellent scientific skills
- good communication skills, both oral and written
- clinical experience with hospital management of large animals
- if Danish is not first language, the applicant must obtain sufficient Danish skills within two years
Terms of employment
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organisations. The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
For further information please contact the Section Head, Professor Rikke Buhl, firstname.lastname@example.org. Foreign applicants may find this link useful: www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following:
- Application, including reasons for applying for this position (max 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including list of publications
- Diplomas – all relevant certificates
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Publications to be considered in the assessment (max 5)
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (link to portfolio guidelines): http://uddannelseskvalitet.ku.dk/quality-assurance-of-study-programmes/university-guidelines/pedagogic-basis-and-guidelines/
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at www.jobportal.ku.dk.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59pm CET, Tuesday April 18, 2017
Interviews for this position will most likely be held on August 29, 2017
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.